Practical Experience, Compassioante Consulting, Dedicated to Helping Others Thrive: Here you will find my qualifications which are also listed on my About Me page, along with more resume details and education.
Qualifications & Specialized Training
- Senior and Executive leadership in non-profits
- Non-profit, small business, and creative arts consulting –
- Team building, Infrastructure building, Leadership coaching, Work Culture, Capacity frameworks, Employee Care and Retention, Creative Direction, Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Organizational strategy –
- Operations frameworks and design, Development, Client Engagement, Identity and Brand cohesion, Administration Management
- Special Projects facilitation
- Oversight of HR and Management of administrative staff and interns –
recruitment, payroll, project reviews
- Project and team management
- Social Media management – creation and maintenance
- Marketing and Social Media outreach program design and facilitation
- Full planning and implementation of non-profit fundraising programs
- Organization of academic and non-profit colloquiums and seminars
- Special event and conference organization at both the corporate
and non-profit level
- Volunteer Coordination
Other Experience and Skills:
- Curriculum and Student Program development
- New York Cares Volunteer since 2004
- Board member of “Pathways to an International Experience.” Programs and events geared toward incorporating international studies into the undergraduate experience at the University of Michigan
- Assistant in the facilitation of the Global Education program at the International Institute
Executive Administrative qualifications –
- Writing, Editing and Proofreading: Blogs, Social Media,
Newsletters, Reviews, Articles, Academic Papers, Pitch Letters, Books
- Website creation and maintenance
- Additional executive administrative services –
- Calendar Management and Appointment Setting
- Correspondence and Phone Calls
- Travel Arrangements and Planning
- Flyer and Poster Design
- Resume, Cover Letter and Job Hunt Guru
- Online Shopping
- Office and front desk management, staff supervisor, database management
- Basic accounting
- Wedding and party planning
- Music supervision for events and film
- Booking and feature requests for Musicians and Singers
Software and Computer Skills:
- Project and Team Management Software and Tools: Microsoft Teams, Asana, Slack, Dubsdao, LACRM
- Social Media Tools: Buffer, Grum, Hootsuite
- WebSite Tonight, Ipages, WordPress, Blogger and Dreamweaver webpage creation and maintenance, Photoshop, Picasa, iphoto, imovie, QuickBooks, Freshbooks, Adobe Premier, Squarespace, basic HTML & CSS
- Salesforce, Cloud based scheduling, Google drive and apps
- Microsoft Office, Mac and PC
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Arts in History
Teacher Certification Program, Minor In English
Co-director and Director of Operations and Special Projects – Remote/NY/GA/USVI, 2020 – Present
Serving as a strategic leader in support of leadership objectives. Focusing on strategic communications planning and working with the Director’s Circle to define short-term and long-term operational, organizational, strategic, and administrative goals, objectives, and projects, to daily resource allocation and workflow management.
Organizes, leads, and oversees the execution of projects that may fall outside the scope of regular staff duties. Ensuring the scope of the project fits the budget and that staff completes each phase of the project within the scheduled timeline.
In collaboration with fellow co-directors, serving as a key member of the team that our Director’s Circle looks to for insights and strategic direction. The role also provides analytical support to key special projects and execution of new processes, the rollout of new platforms, and supporting key strategic objectives.
Working directly with fellow co-directors and staff as appropriate, the Director of Operations and Special Projects leads many different critical projects across strategy, management, and operations within the team. Partnering with leaders throughout SAAFON to build shared context, drive clarity, and appropriately prioritize time, thought, and resources toward key areas of focus.
Plays a central role in driving priorities and growth. Leads our organization’s planning processes, develops frameworks to guide decision-making, and evaluates initiatives.
Plans and monitors the day-to-day running of activities to ensure effective operations and works with a range of partners to accelerate progress on projects and the organization’s overall operational structure and flow.
The DOPS is in charge of making sure that the organization is running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Overseeing various departments to help them coordinate with one another to work towards shared goals.
Leader, Consultant, Coordinator and Advisor – New York, NY, 2005 – Present
Worker Bee Project Services and Consulting
Non-profit Leader and Consultant. Organizational Strategy. Operations Frameworks. Media Consultant. Small Business and Entrepreneur Advisor.
Working with various non-profits, arts organizations, and business owners as either a senior employee or consultant in the aforementioned capacities applying my qualifications & specialized training as well as working on special initiatives and stand-alone projects. Current and previous companies, clients, and organizations include but aren’t limited to; the University of Michigan, New York Cares, ART START, Gallop, The Adage Group, The International Institute, Sprouted Bean, Temple Shaaray Tefila, The University of Michigan Museum of Art, DRG, Leise Jones Photography, SAAFON and numerous other non-profits, schools, arts organizations, small businesses, and entrepreneurs.
Here are some details about my roles and work at some of these organizations –
Aug 2019 – Nov 2022 · 3 yrs 4 mos
Helped DRG achieve goals with high-level executive strategy for streamlined workflow processes and implementation of positive work culture systems. Brought dedication, friendly professionalism, and an unparalleled organizational skillset honed over a long career as a non-profit leader, consultant, project manager, and executive administrator for nonprofits to the DRG team.
Leise Jones Photography · Part-time
2019 – 2021 · 2 yrs
Strategy and consulting for marketing, brand identity, outreach, and business growth.
Project coordination for creating and implementing operational systems and processes.
Social media manager for increased client engagement and retention.
Adage Group · Part-time
2008 – 2016 · 8 yrs
Project Director- Ideation and execution of projects and events, research projects, oversight of administrative duties, and, coordination with vendors.
GallopNYC · Contract
May 2014 – Dec 2014 · 8 mos
Contracted to ideate, create, and launch a new volunteer program – focusing on recruiting, growing, and retaining a volunteer base. Improve volunteer satisfaction and improve volunteer work culture. Create onboarding systems, tracking, and management systems. Create org-wide procedures for managing the volunteer base. Operations and admin. Events. Aiding in development and fundraising.
Art Start · Contract
2010 – 2011 · 1 yr
One-year contract to aid the organization in the expansion and development of the following: Development, strategy, fundraising, staff and talent recruitment and care, volunteer management, creative endeavors, and event planning. Expansion of HR and work culture systems. Creation and management of the junior board.
New York Cares · Contract
2008 – 2009 · 1 yr
Contracted to help facilitate, plan, organize and execute NYCares’ Annual million-dollar fundraising gala.
Temple Shaaray Tefila NYC
2004 – 2007 · 3 yrs
Creation, maintenance, and oversight of operations and administration for the Temple’s school.
Staff liaison for teaching staff and school office staff.
Creation and execution of special events and fundraising.
International Institute – U of M
2001 – 2003 · 2 yrs
International faculty, staff, and student liaison.
Staff management, recruitment, retention, and oversight of HR procedures.
Graduate program facilitator and project manager.
Ideation and facilitation of special events, colloquiums, and seminars.
Production Team Manager, Producer, Artistic and Creative Consultant, and Director: film, video, social media marketing, and podcasts
- Library Card Productions
Through Library Card Productions some companies I’ve worked with include but aren’t limited to, The New York Dance Parade, Marathon Cinema, and Dim the Light’s Productions in the capacities mentioned above, and more. Details can be found on the Library Card Productions website here.